Sunday, October 10, 2010

A Matter of Housekeeping

When I began this endeavor, I viewed it as a "month of being without a car."  Now, it was semi-coincidental that this "month" included a one-week cruise and semi-not coincidental.  It's just how the dates fell - I wanted to have my car back in time for the weekend in October when I have a packed house with visitors coming down for the October 30 Jon Stewart rally in case I need it for anything.

I'm really glad that this blog sees so much action.  I honestly wasn't expecting to have friends coming out of the wood work saying "I read your blog everyday and I think it's awesome!" and I certainly wasn't expecting any attention from the media.

That said, for the week that I'm gone I want to keep this blog going in a way that I think regular readers will enjoy: fresh perspectives on carlessness from friends of mine that also live automobile-free.  So starting Tuesday, the blog will feature guest posts from friends living in cities up and down the East Coast and an international one, too.  I'll be back next week to pick up where I left off:  busing, biking, and running across Montgomery County.

No comments:

Post a Comment